Wednesday, August 17, 2011

One more night in Iran

So. I came to the border post at 3pm after filling the fridge, changing the oil of the engine, preparing my paperwork, checking the exchange rates, etc...
However it was close already. I tried to argue that it is the last day on my visa and I may have problems if I stay one more day in Iran. It was not easy to explain as the date on my passport was in the Islamic calendar. They tried to help me, gave few calls but still. Tomorrow 9pm and Muschkil nist for my visa. Let's see What the immigration officers will have to say about that tomorrow.

So my first beer in 15 days is not yet for tonight.
I am heading now towards the monastery of Saint Stephanos. Apparently a mus see in the area. I am following the river that materialised the border between both countries. Scenic route between the red cliff and the river but the camera is in the bag as the people both sides of the border are pretty sensitive about that.

So first night below 1000m in 10 days. At least here the wind won't blow all night at 50km/h like las night on top of my mountain.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone