Sunday, August 7, 2011

Quick update

Thursday August 4th, 7pm

Hi all,
Tonight I was going to write few posts to update you on the last few days :
- How close I was to stay on the pier in Sharjah while my car would be on the way to Iran
- Then the administrative nightmare to get my car out of customs. 5h30 in total, more than 20 offices/counters with an endless papertrail (oh but you didn't get this blue stamp yet. You need to get it first and hurry before the office is going to close, then come back here). Eventhough I was a victim, Such a process only deserves my admiration... If bureaucracy was an olympic sports, they would get gold every 4 years. They really play in a different league than everything else i have seen before...
- Then the reward. After driving 1h30 from Bandar Abbas, I ended up in a nice little canyon with a salty river where I could float like in the dead sea.

But this will have to wait. I set up my camp in an abandoned oasis protected by a fort (in ruins) but didn't see that it was close to a village other side of the hill. After the 10th attempt of the inhabitants to get me into the village, I cracked and re-packed all my stuff to follow them.

So no consistant writing tonight. You will have to wait a bit.

There is no Irancell signal in this village, so you will have to wait a bit to get this post (well i have had indeed 4 beautiful days without signal :-)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:Rokn-Ābād