Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I didn't pay for this !

Hi all,

Since I left Belgium 3 weeks ago, I had a maximum of 12h of sun.  And everyday there is something falling from the sky...
I am now in the middle of Turkey heading for Cappadocia.  I decided to bypass all the Agean coast that I planned to do.  It is raining cats and dogs also over there and the grey sea is not really appealing in winter.

Testing the car at a higher speed in a hairpin.  Well, not really succesful :-)

I really preferred the -10, -15° where at least it was dry.  Now with the temperatures reaching above 0, everything is getting wet.  All off-road tracks are muddy and spongious and 2 days ago, I had to winch me out of a path I took for camping for the night.  3h30 for 200m, killing one battery in the process. And of course under continuous rain.  It stopped raining only when I got back on tar.

3h1/2 to winch me out of this track !

Everything is wet in the car and wouldn't dry.  Even the inside of the tent is becoming a problem.  I am now back in the snow, which is already better than rain.  I am driving from morning to midnight as I don't enjoy camping in this weather (it is straight from wheel to bed) and I will only stop when I will be back in the sun.

Crossing the straight of the Dardanelles
I am in a small restaurant with wifi access.  I will hit the road again as soon as my jacket is dry.  Next time you here from me, I will be in the sun.  I hope I won't have to wait until Dubai !