Friday, September 16, 2011

Black Sea and Green Mountains

Hi,

Turkey is amazing as well. My only (bad) experience so far was in an hotel-club in Bodrum or somewhere down there 10 years ago. But Turkey has 1000 times better to offer. Landscape changes drasically every 100 km. It is a shame I will spend only few days but it is time for me to speed up to reach Belgium before winter. Petrol 7 times more expensive than in Iran is a factor as well :-)

I spent one night on a mountain peak at 2400m. 2,5 degrees at 5.30am, pretty cold, but rewarded by an amazing sunrise, second only to one I experienced while flying above Kenya (maybe I could have seen other, but I usually sleep at 5.30am). Then I spent 1 night at 1000m in a small valley that could have been in the Alps. That is pretty surprising : you are in semi-deserting moutains, you climb a last mountain pass and you are in a forest really Alps-style. Then the last 2 nights I have been staying at 0m along the black sea.
Trees-covered cliffs dive straight into the sea. It is a bit sad that the highway destroy the landscape. But well I guess they didn't have much choice.
I keep you posted.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone