Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The next pictures at last !

I was going to leave Plovdid, Bulgaria when I got a message from my friend Max.  He is on his way back to Dubai with his Land Cruiser.  He is 500km away from here and we make an appointment for the day after.  I got soft and I book a nice cosy hotel overlooking a park.
 I am surprised by the city.  I was expecting cold concrete communist buildings, but the city centre definitely has something European about it.  A lot of pedestrian streets and a lot of terraces.  So I can sit and watch people passing by while chain-drinking irish coffees for 1,25eur.
Wifi in the room means that I have to work.  Paying visa and phone bills ans also send you some pictures.
Something I really hate is to go through my pictures and select one rather than others to publish.  I like to take pictures, that's it.  The more I look at them, the less I like them.  I hope some friends will help me in Belgium to do a decent selection in the 4000+ pictures so far.

Here is a quick & dirty selection in the next 2 series :

  Iran & Naxcivan


It is time to check out and head towards the ex-Yugoslavia republics.  First time I went in the region, Tito's remains where not even cold yet and last time, I was wearing an Army uniform.  I am looking forward to see the changes.
50 days witout rain so far but I have a feeling it is about to change...

I keep you posted !